[erlang-questions] Why Learn Elixir if it's built on Erlang? Why not just learn Erlang?

zxq9@REDACTED zxq9@REDACTED
Tue Feb 13 08:37:11 CET 2018

On 2018年2月13日火曜日 8時28分32秒 JST José Valim wrote:
> The important parts: concurrency, distribution, fault tolerance, etc will
> be mostly the same...
> ...and they interoperate fairly well.

This is something I forgot to mention.
Aside from the Elixir environment being a bit of a large dependency, they interoperate VERY well. Quite a nice end result, however you get there.

The same goes for LFE (at least in my experience so far).

It is really lovely what has happened. Even if I don't particularly care for lang X or Y so much, it doesn't really matter. I've had a much better time getting Erlang-family languages to play well together than, say, some combinations of JVM languages.

That's really something.

-Craig