[erlang-questions] Coon - new tool for building Erlang packages, dependency management and deploying Erlang services

Charles Hixson charleshixsn@REDACTED
Mon Feb 12 19:26:02 CET 2018

I'm sorry, but "coon" was definitely a pejorative term during *my*
childhood.  I'm not a part of the affected group, but it is certainly
one of the strongly associated meanings that attach to it in my mind.
Use a word meaning the same animal from a different language.   Or spell
out the name in full.  Or name it after someone's pet raccoon.  Or just
change it.  There's no downside to changing it, and there is a downside
to keeping it.  I don't know how strong a downside, but it's better to
avoid any.