[erlang-questions] otp 21.2

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Thu Dec 20 01:23:57 CET 2018

On 12/19/18 3:58 PM, Sam Overdorf wrote:
> I have decided that this is really dumb that I have to run the
> function "c:erlangrc()" just to load my ".erlang" file.
> Some of my erlang files have multiple entry points and I have to
> execute the function within each one of them (dumb idea).
>
> I'm use to having a configuration file that will get loaded every time
> something "erlang" gets executed.
> I don't care if I can't share my erlang with you. I have bigger things
> to make work and that is why I need and use the ".erlang" file.
>
> Sam
When Erlang is used in production, it is best to not have it loading a
.erlang file that contains random things.  For your own experimentation
or development, you can always load things from .erlang with
c:erlangrc/1 as was previously described.  If Erlang loaded a .erlang
file by default upon startup, it would be difficult to take it seriously
for production use.

Best Regards,
Michael