[erlang-questions] Separating Functionality

books denc716@REDACTED
Fri Aug 31 16:23:36 CEST 2018

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 10:50 AM Code Wiget <codewiget95@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> With many programming languages, it is easy to think of ways to separate projects into distinct micro services. With Erlang, I'm having trouble deciding on how to spread out functionality. Because the Erlang VM can run multiple different fully independent applications, it seems tedious to spin up 5 different Erlang VM’s to do different things when it could all be accomplished on one.

I wonder in Erlang terms of 'application',  if running multiple
applications in one single Erlang VM,   are there any ways to
configure resource restrictions to each application,  at OTP
Supervisor tree level  ?   like how much memory can it use at most,
and CPU, network, ... etc