[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP interpreter (erl) not found butrequired

Abhishek Ranjan abhishek@REDACTED
Wed May 3 12:47:11 CEST 2017

it is giving me this path "/kerl/17.1/bin/erl"
which is actually inside /home/ec2-user/

what I feel is that this erl should have been inside /usr/bin/ directory and instead it is inside
/home/ec2-user//kerl/17.1/bin/erl

So is there any way I can change this path to /usr/bin.
Please tell me if I am thinking right first and if so how can this be done in linux(amazon linux or fedora).