[erlang-questions] egd on OTP 20 Ubuntu 16.04

Thor E. Lie thor@REDACTED
Thu Jul 6 12:26:20 CEST 2017

Hi,

I'm currently learning Elixir, and one of the things I'm touching on is creating images
but I'm running into a quite major speedbump, egd is unavailable in both Elixir and
Eshell.

As a quick test I found the following[1] erlang program that use egd and compiled that
via Eshell[2], where you can see egd:create/2 is unavailable.

I've installed the erlang-percept package from the erlang-solutions repository[3], so
as far as I understand it should be available. am I missing something?

As for why OTP 20? That's what I get from the repo by default.

--
Thor

[1]: https://gist.github.com/thorerik/13a519a3e481ef235093165123ecf8a9
[2]: https://gist.github.com/thorerik/c360f59b59bff7a027e5e1d9c8d36019