[erlang-questions] Off-topic question about Universities

Wed Jul 5 15:09:25 CEST 2017

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 3:20 AM Richard A. O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED> wrote:

> My University is about to go through a process of redesigning its logo.
> I'm interested in whether having a logo, a "brand", actually matters
> for a University.  Obviously it does for soap, tinned soup, and so on.
>

>From personal experience, I have read many papers from different
universities, but for most of them, I don't know what their logomark or
logotype looks like. I don't even know if they have one.

But one has to be aware that an individual is not people. A university
needs branding in general because they do things in addition to research.
For a "mere human", the brand is probably the association one has with a
university more than their faculty. In short: make sure you don't fall for
selection bias.