[erlang-questions] lib/syntax_tools uses LGPL-2.0 + license

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Fri Feb 10 09:32:12 CET 2017

On 02/10/2017 12:08 AM, Marc Worrell wrote:

> We use syntax_tools extensively in Zotonic for compiling templates and dispatch rules to Erlang modules.
> This is done runtime, so we would prefer that syntax_tools stays in the Erlang distribution.

Yes, I agree this is important.  CloudI's logging requires merl from syntax_tools to avoid the use of global state when determining the current log level (so it relies on dynamically generating the module used for the logging interface).  That means merl from syntax_tools is always being used anywhere CloudI is used.

Best Regards,
Michael