[erlang-questions] lib/syntax_tools uses LGPL-2.0 + license

Kenneth Lundin kenneth@REDACTED
Fri Feb 10 10:08:01 CET 2017

In my previous answer I was not thinking about removing syntax tools from
the Erlang distribution, I just explained
that syntax_tools and other Erlang applications included in the Erlang
distribution CAN BE LEFT OUT (if there are no dependencies
to them). Syntax_tools and the Compiler for that matter are applications
that typically are used during development and not in runtime.

I know there are exceptions to this where a system generate new Erlang
modules in runtime.
In that case you get a dependency to the Compiler application but not
necessarily to Syntax_tools.

Note that the current Erlang/OTP distribution is a development and runtime
system for Erlang and that the idea is that the user
create his own release which contain a subset of the components (Erlang
applications) included in the distribution.

/Kenneth, Erlang/OTP Ericsson