[erlang-questions] Erlang Inside

Fisher, Paul pfisher@REDACTED
Fri Dec 8 17:42:00 CET 2017

Alert Logic uses Erlang almost exclusively for developing our products (www.alertlogic.com<http://www.alertlogic.com>). These products provide security monitoring, protection and 24/7 security analyst services for cloud workloads running on AWS, Azure, GCP, as well as on-premise and Colo environments.

Some interesting technical facts about what we do:

- 4100+ customers, 10k+ appliances, 300k+ agents

- 2PB of customer data per month, with 25PB under management

- Processing 1.2M messages/second average, peaking at 3M

- Data volume grows at over 110% per year

- Nearly 100 services and lambda are composed into more than a dozen major subsystems

- Over 100 engineers writing Erlang code daily

- Maintainers of ercloud application providing AWS SDK for Erlang

- Many many Erlang applications are used

I can be listed as contact for this information.

[https://www.alertlogic.com/assets/img/logo-alertlogic-dark.png]<http://www.alertlogic.com/>

Security As A Service – Cloud Security Provider | Alert Logic<http://www.alertlogic.com/>
www.alertlogic.com
Alert Logic managed Security as a Service (SaaS) solutions provide world-class network, system, and web application security, wherever your infrastructure resides.

--

paul

Fellow, Engineering