[erlang-questions] Third party libs you always use

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Mon May 16 17:09:34 CEST 2016

On 05/15, Kenneth Lakin wrote:
>If auto accepted the same args as shell, and either switched to a
>pure-erlang file change notification system or just dumped the output
>that we get from inotifywait on startup and shutdown to /dev/null then
>using it it *would* be a no-brainer.

This doesn't sound particularly difficult to do, since rebar3_auto just
calls the shell provider directly:
https://github.com/tsloughter/rebar3_auto/blob/master/src/rebar3_auto.erl#L52

You probably just need to patch it with the argument list accepted by
shell (see
https://github.com/erlang/rebar3/blob/master/src/rebar_prv_shell.erl#L59-L79)
for it to be able to pass them on to the shell provider transparently.

Then you could call them with the same arguments. I haven't tried this
-- I myself use triggers with shellrpc from my editor
(https://github.com/ferd/rebar3_shellrpc) -- but I don't think it should
be much harder than that.

Regards,
Fred.