[erlang-questions] How to disable parentheses matching in Erlang shell?

Lukas Larsson garazdawi@REDACTED
Fri May 13 11:19:55 CEST 2016

I don't think there is any way to turn of only the brace matching feature.
You can always use the oldshell, i.e. "erl -oldshell", but you loose a lot
of other feature that you may want in the shell.

The problem you are experiencing normally happens when the erlang shell has
a different idea of how wide your terminal is then what it actually is.
I've found that this can normally be fixed by making sure that you have a
80 characters wide terminal window that erlang is running in, as 80 is the
default if erlang can't find out from ncurses what the terminal size is.

Lukas