[erlang-questions] Any Erlang Devs Contemplating Elixir?

Garry Hodgson garry@REDACTED
Fri Feb 26 19:35:50 CET 2016

I've looked into Elixir a bit, but haven't found anything compelling
to make me switch. The "friendly" syntax doesn't appeal, and seems
to add new warts to replace the old ones in Erlang. Perhaps if I was
new to both, I might be inclined toward Elixir since it's less foreign
than Erlang syntax. Kinda feels like Erlang with training wheels.

On 02/26/2016 01:28 PM, Andrew Berman wrote:
> Hey Fellow Erlangers,
>
> I was curious if any of you guys have switched or are contemplating using
> Elixir for your next project. I've been programming Erlang for a while now,
> but I'm about to start a new project and wanted to see where other Erlang
> devs stood on it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew

Garry Hodgson
Lead Member of Technical Staff
AT&T Chief Security Office (CSO)

"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are AT&T property, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited."