[erlang-questions] An elegant implementation of multi pollset for Erlang VM

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Thu Feb 18 21:19:27 CET 2016

Very cool!

But frankly speaking, not clear what problem are you solving.

Our Flussonic after removing 70% of NIF and other C code (that were
supposed to be optimizing) is serving right now about 10 gbit/s from single
machine, taking about 12 cores from 24 core Xeon on 2.1 Ghz.

It is not easy, because many of thousands of connected users are connected
via wifi or rotten copper so it is not a very easy task to deliver them
video.

Test benchmarks on localhost show about 25-30 gbit/s, but it is on
localhost and benchmark which is a lie.

But we have small amount of users: about 10-15 thousands of active
connections.  Comet server can have much more.  What is your load profile?