[erlang-questions] Failed tests in OTP 18.2

Björn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Thu Feb 4 12:31:09 CET 2016

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 12:38 AM, Richard A. O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED> wrote:
> I've just been building OTP 18.2.
> .../otp_src_18.2/release/tests/test_server/index.html
> reports 3 failures in tests.emulator_test_time_SUITE
> (univ_to_local, local_to_univ, consistency)
> and 1 failure in tests.os_mon_test_cpu_sup_SUITE.cases
> (util_api).

At least 'consistency' fails because it only works in
the CET time zone:

    %% Test the following equations:
    %% date() & time() == erlang:localtime()
    %% erlang:universaltime() + timezone == erlang:localtime()
    %%
    %% Assumptions:
    %% Middle-European time zone, EU rules for daylight-saving time.
    %%
    %% Limitations:
    %% Localtime and universaltime must be in the same month.
    %%        Daylight-saving calculations are incorrect from the last
    %%        Sunday of March and October to the end of the month.

I guess that the other two in time_SUITE fail for the same reason.

Report them at http://bugs.erlang.org.

> During the build there are a couple of warnings about
> rm: conftest.dSYM: is a directory
> (I'm building under OS X 10.9.5 with Xcode 5.1).
> There are also lots of warnings about missing prototypes.
> The Java compiler also moans about lots of deprecated methods.
> How worried should I be about any of this?

Not at all worried.

/Björn