[erlang-questions] Request feedback on example project

zxq9 zxq9@REDACTED
Wed Feb 3 23:43:14 CET 2016

On 2016年2月3日 水曜日 21:03:48 you wrote:

> > https://github.com/zxq9/zuuid
> >
> > No ninja tricks should be in there. If there are any please bring them to
> > my attention so they can be removed.
>
> Hi,
>
> Your example in the top Readme...
> 13> zuuid:string(zuuid:v1()). "{86BAD2C8-C9AF-11E5-9A38-1234567890AB}"
> ...at least, to me, seems to indicate that the returned UUID:s are wrapped with {}. I would expect such a call to return the bare, unwrapped string representation of the UUID. Same for the example with zuuid:binary. Or have I misunderstood your intentions with the library or the definition of a UUID?

I'm so used to dealing with UUIDs formatted by databases that I didn't
really notice. Indeed, there is a mix of representations output by various
UUID tools in different environments (most of the Erlang UUID libs output
standard unbracketed strings). I've added string/2 and binary/2 to make the
choice explicit.

http://zxq9.com/projects/zuuid/docs/zuuid.html#string-2

Thanks for catching that.

-Craig