[erlang-questions] Do you wanna play with enif_select?

Daniel Goertzen daniel.goertzen@REDACTED
Wed Dec 7 18:43:37 CET 2016

I'm excited to see progress in the area, but I am struggling to understand
a few things in the enif_select API:

1. Why are the resource extensions required? Couldn't a 'stop' message be
sent to the calling process which could then call a plain old NIF to shut
things down?

2. Does the ref parameter have to be a ref?  An arbitrary term would be
useful.

Thanks,
Dan.