[erlang-questions] Do you wanna play with enif_select?

Vans S vans_163@REDACTED
Fri Dec 2 21:22:27 CET 2016

> Well, we can try your sverk_tcp on our test installation with  1gbps of input.
> But I'm a bit afraid of blocking connect.

I would be interested in this.  Also the connect does not block if you apply the changes Sverker mentioned:
"""
To fix the connect move up SET_NONBLOCKING(sock) before connect()
then catch the EINPROGRESS from connect
and call enif_select(.., ERL_NIF_SELECT_WRITE, ..)
return to Erlang and wait for read_output message
and then call some continue_connect_nif for example.

I did some runs on the loopback and it looked promising,
almost twice the throughput if I remember correctly.
But, sverk_tcp is a very stripped down implementation
without all the features that gen_tcp provides, so I wouldn't
get overly excited about that.
"""