[erlang-questions] Troubling gen_tcp.send/3 performance

Matthew Shapiro me@REDACTED
Mon Dec 5 01:29:55 CET 2016

Yeah I think I can safely say this is something to do with how VLC is
functioning.  Even remotely I'm getting stuck in send, though not as bad,
and looking at what's going on in the difference between VLC and Ffmpeg I
believe my timestamps are being unexpected and both are reacting weirdly
too it, with VLC trying to slow the feed down for whatever reason and that
may be causing it to be slow to do a TCP read.  Shot in the dark but at
least I know now that it's not an BEAM issue (and my time on this hasn't
been to waste).

So sorry for the thread when Erlang/Beam isn't at fault in the end :)