[erlang-questions] Troubling gen_tcp.send/3 performance

Matthew Shapiro me@REDACTED
Mon Dec 5 00:22:05 CET 2016

In regards to your architecture response, Each process is responsible to
sending and receiving to only one TCP socket as each process represents a
single TCP connection.

In terms of RTMP, I run a streaming service company so I'm pretty aware of
whats going on.  RTMP may be dead for viewing but it most certainly is not
a dead protocol for live video ingestion and distribution, and thus there
are still very valid reasons for RTMP support in a media server.

I have much grander plans for this than just RTMP ingest/playback but it's
a pointless effort to start working on other things like creating an HLS
feed from an RTMP feed if I can't even get regular RTMP playback to work
properly yet.