[erlang-questions] [ANN] Erlang/OTP 18.0-rc1 is available for testing.

Thu Mar 26 19:12:06 CET 2015

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 5:32 PM, Kenneth Lundin <kenneth.lundin@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Erlang/OTP 18.0-rc1 is available for testing.

I'm asking this one for the community: what is the status of dirty
schedulers and release 18.0? Will they be enabled by default, or will they
still be behind a compiler flag?

Also, the time API is really well-designed. I can't wait to use it. The
idea of decoupling time and then disabling time smearing but enabling
monitors for time changes is probably the right way forward. One could
always imagine having a "smeared time" as well in the future if someone
really needs the smearing behavior. But one could also argue such things
should reside in NTP relays/proxies.

--
J.