[erlang-questions] [ANN] Erlang/OTP 18.0-rc1 is available for testing.

Felix Gallo felixgallo@REDACTED
Thu Mar 26 19:44:47 CET 2015

The new time functionality looks excellent, thank you very much!

I feel like erlang:unique_integer/1's doc, as well as the time page where
it's discussed, could use some warnings.  In particular, the invariants are
lost if the value leaves the currently running erlang instance; either by
being included in a message to another instance, or by roundtripping
through any IO path, for example restoring state from a text file or
database after an instance or system crash.  A number of novel edge-casey
production surprises lie in wait for the uncareful implementor.

Does the OTP team have any intention to, or thoughts on, implementing
'distributed' as a possible ModifierList entry for unique_integer/1,
ensuring unique integers with respect to the visible nodes?

F.