[erlang-questions] Learning from Open Source projects?

Thu Mar 26 06:23:47 CET 2015

Hello there!

This is not exactly Erlang question, but since I am learning Erlang, I
wanted to post this question here.

Firstly, I am erlang newbie.
I am reading book(s) and trying problems on Hackerrank
<https://www.hackerrank.com/domains/fp/intro>
I lose interest pretty quickly if I do not have project idea in my mind. So
as I started searching, I get ideas like

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1282205/what-are-the-best-open-source-erlang-projects-files-for-a-novice-to-read
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1451278/best-open-source-projects-in-erlang-otp-for-learning

Which brings an interesting point to me. I do like to read code. But what's
the strategy?

So questions are

   1. How do you read/learn open-source library?
   2. What techniques do you use to make sure you understand it correctly?
   3. What Erlang projects (specifically) would you recommend a beginner to
   take a look, read and contribute

Please share your ideas
Thank you
+ Harit