[erlang-questions] Announcing Erlang.org Code of Conduct

Mon Mar 16 16:24:11 CET 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 3:09 PM, Gordon Guthrie <gguthrie@REDACTED> wrote:

> I propose to do that by making it clear that if these events occur:
> * the person being harassed will be believed
> * action will be taken
> * the harasser will be removed

This works perfectly until you hit the case where the person being
"harassed" has a personality disorder in Cluster B. While most people are
reasonable beings, who should be believed on their words, there are a few
exceptions. The risk is luckily pretty low, but grows steadily with
conference size. Be careful with blindly abolishing the concept of due
process, as action might be taken against the harassed and not the harasser.

In this discussion, we are fortunate in the sense that it isn't a
conference, which are much harder to handle and requires more diligence
than what is needed for a mailing list. The addition of somewhat confined
physical space in itself poses an area which needs special care and
handling.

--
J.