[erlang-questions] program to analyse function usage

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Thu Jun 18 13:20:11 CEST 2015

Forgot to say,

On 06/18/2015 01:17 PM, Loïc Hoguin wrote:
> Joe,
>
> You can use the erlang.mk index for this. It contains 458 Erlang
> projects today.

The *index* contains 458 projects. But some of them fetch dependencies
that are not in the index, so the total of projects fetched that you can
analyze is closer to 600.

> $ git clone https://github.com/ninenines/erlang.mk
> $ cd erlang.mk
> $ make check
>
> This will download, compile and check that all projects were built
> properly. You can easily add your own code to perform analysis on all
> these projects, one at a time.
>
> Beware, it takes a few hours to do it all, and will probably take even
> longer if you do extra analysis.
>
> A few projects will have issues if you run OSX and/or if you don't have
> a necessary shared lib installed, but it should be less than 20 total so
> you still have almost 440 projects to analyse.
>
> I'm available later today if you have questions.
>
> On 06/18/2015 01:07 PM, Joe Armstrong wrote:
>> I'd like to analyse a very large set of Erlang programs so see which
>> functions in the standard libraries actually get used.
>>
>> Does anybody have a large collection of erlang modules?
>>
>> Failing this I guess I could scrape code from github - is there any
>> way to
>> programmatically fetch all erlang modules from github? - also are
>> there some
>> download limits that I need to be aware of - I don't want to get
>> barred from github :-)
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> /Joe

Loïc Hoguin