[erlang-questions] program to analyse function usage

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Thu Jun 18 13:17:54 CEST 2015

Joe,

You can use the erlang.mk index for this. It contains 458 Erlang
projects today.

$ git clone https://github.com/ninenines/erlang.mk
$ cd erlang.mk
$ make check

This will download, compile and check that all projects were built
properly. You can easily add your own code to perform analysis on all
these projects, one at a time.

Beware, it takes a few hours to do it all, and will probably take even
longer if you do extra analysis.

A few projects will have issues if you run OSX and/or if you don't have
a necessary shared lib installed, but it should be less than 20 total so
you still have almost 440 projects to analyse.

I'm available later today if you have questions.

On 06/18/2015 01:07 PM, Joe Armstrong wrote:
> I'd like to analyse a very large set of Erlang programs so see which
> functions in the standard libraries actually get used.
>
> Does anybody have a large collection of erlang modules?
>
> Failing this I guess I could scrape code from github - is there any way to
> programmatically fetch all erlang modules from github? - also are there some
> download limits that I need to be aware of - I don't want to get
> barred from github :-)
>
> Cheers
>
> /Joe

Loïc Hoguin