[erlang-questions] Erlang and Docker

Radoslaw Gruchalski radek@REDACTED
Thu Jun 18 11:51:35 CEST 2015

I was playing with deploying erlang with docker, just standard trusty64 image. But out of curiosity, what's wrong with releases? Docker sounds plausible for building releases.

Sent from Outlook

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 11:10 PM -0700, "Stefan Hellkvist" <hellkvist@REDACTED> wrote:

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, is anyone out there using Docker to deploy your Erlang releases? Any experiences captured in any blog out there? I am in particular interested in what docker images people are basing their deployments on.

Personally I have used various Ubuntu images of varying sizes and also the phusion/baseimage (https://github.com/phusion/baseimage-docker) with good results but I would like to hear particularly if anyone has found any images with small footprints out there, capable of running Erlang releases (which is not a well defined requirement I guess, but still).

Stefan