[erlang-questions] Courtesy announcement: Lager 3.0 merge is nigh

Mark Allen mrallen1@REDACTED
Tue Jul 21 22:57:33 CEST 2015

Hello - this is a courtesy reminder that Real Soon Now (hopefully no later than Friday) the lager 3.0 work will be merged and tagged into the master branch on github.
While we have taken many pains to ensure that the 3.0 branch is mostly[1] backwards compatible with 2.x code, if you're "floating" on your dependencies by using the "master" branch in your rebar configuration (or other tooling) then you may want to consider additional testing to ensure nothing has broken vis a vis your application logging **especially** if you use tracing features of lager.
If you want to continue using the 2.x semantics but with OTP 17 support and some bug fixes, consider using the 2.x maintenance branch or using the 2.2.0 tag in your build tool configuration.
If you would like to preview your application behavior with lager 3.x code, please use the 3.0.0-RC2 tag. We expect that 3.0.0-RC2 will become '3.0.0' pending further code review activities.
Thanks
Mark
[1]: Tracing has breaking changes. See http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2015-June/084816.html for context/information.