[erlang-questions] CORS Supporting Erlang HTTP Server

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Wed Jul 15 20:51:34 CEST 2015

They have different goals and states.

Cowboy is young and still sees fairly large changes (in part to
accomodate to newer protocols like HTTP/2 or Websocket compression, and
in part because there are still usability issues). However from version
2 onward changes should be minimal for a while.

Cowboy aims to support the core protocols for Web development, and
nothing more. This means HTTP 1 and 2, SPDY, Websocket, and so on. It
also includes a REST machine (adapted from Webmachine). The main focus
is on REST and Websocket first.

It does not include anything related to formats like JSON or HTML,
enterprise protocols like RPC/SOAP/.. or anything related to XML, or
Flash and so on.

There's a constant effort on keeping things small and tidy, and
providing functionality that covers 99% of users. The changes are user
driven, with unused features happily removed while new features get
added after detecting patterns in the many user questions I receive (but
only if they are in the scope, of course).

Hope that helps.

On 07/15/2015 08:04 PM, Kannan wrote:
> Which one is the best? Yaws or Cowboy? I could not find any comparison
> matrix on the internet.
>
> Thanks,
> Theepan
>
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 4:52 AM, Dmitry Belyaev <be.dmitry@REDACTED
> <mailto:be.dmitry@REDACTED>> wrote:
>
>     Not out of the box. There is
>     https://github.com/danielwhite/cowboy_cors to do it.
>     --
>     Best wishes,
>     Dmitry Belyaev
>
>     On 15 July 2015 7:25:40 AM AEST, Radoslaw Gruchalski
>     <radek@REDACTED <mailto:radek@REDACTED>> wrote:
>
>         CORS is all based on headers. Cowboy can definitely do it.
>
>         Sent from Outlook <http://taps.io/outlookmobile>
>

>         On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 1:58 PM -0700, "Kannan"
>         <vasdeveloper@REDACTED <mailto:vasdeveloper@REDACTED>> wrote:
>
>             Hi Team,
>
>             Is there a Erlang HTTP server, including Yaws, that supports
>             CORS by configuration?
>
>             Regards,
>             Theepan

Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu
Author of The Erlanger Playbook,
A book about software development using Erlang