[erlang-questions] Unity and Erlang

Ivan Carmenates Garcia ivan@REDACTED
Sat Jan 31 18:52:02 CET 2015

Hi guys, it is nice to be back, to this emailing list,

I was wondering about an idea, what about a framework to communicate Unity
and Erlang. In the past two or three years, I was posting about a framework
I made, called EVO Extended Visual Otp, which integrated a way to connect C#
and Erlang, very simple and powerful, but unfortunately nobody liked C# by
those days, and I abandoned the project working fine. Now you cannot imagine
my joy when I found out about Unity, I never though that something like it
were even possible to exists, I always dreamed with making games, and game
servers, that why I learned Erlang in the first place, but didn't knew that
game engines with that power even exist!, then I found unity by accident,
and was awesome when I figure out that you can program in it with C#, my
another beloved language, was like a dream came true.

Now I decided that I want to make EVO for Unity, since I love also Unity and
I'm learn it full, but rebuilding it from scratch since in the old one, I
use otp.net for internal connection between both languages, but now I want
to make it simpler and using pure tcp socket connections to build the nice
EVO layers on top. So I will appreciate any help regard any ways of low
level connections between this two nice languages.

I saw this
https://coderwall.com/p/gvderg/connecting-unity3d-to-an-erlang-game-server
and I like, but an extra advice would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Ivan.