[erlang-questions] Garbage Collection, BEAM memory and Erlang memory

Roberto Ostinelli roberto@REDACTED
Wed Jan 28 15:45:46 CET 2015

Here's the erl_crash.dump analysis, done with the nice Fred's script:

analyzing erl_crash.dump, generated on:  Wed Jan 28 13:59:36 2015

Slogan: Received SIGUSR1

Memory:
===
  processes: 8870 Mb
  processes_used: 8869 Mb
  system: 1138 Mb
  atom: 0 Mb
  atom_used: 0 Mb
  binary: 750 Mb
  code: 9 Mb
  ets: 7 Mb
  ---
  total: 10008 Mb

Different message queue lengths (5 largest different):
===
540314 0

Error logger queue length:
===

File descriptors open:
===
  UDP:  0
  TCP:  180071
  Files:  6
  ---
  Total:  180077

Number of processes:
===
  540314

Processes Heap+Stack memory sizes (words) used in the VM (5 largest
different):
===
   2 196650
   1 28690
   1 17731
   1 10958
4677 6772

Processes OldHeap memory sizes (words) used in the VM (5 largest different):
===
   1 1439468
   1 999631
   1 75113
   1 28690
   1 17731

Process States when crashing (sum):
===
540314 Waiting

Do you see anything wrong there? I honestly don't.

Best,
r.