[erlang-questions] Newbie - Erlang VS other functional languages

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Thu Jan 15 23:38:43 CET 2015

I'd agree with that observation. Erlang is particularly well designed for
reliability and ease of maintenance/debugging. I wouldn't necessarily say
that these properties are due to the language, it's really the environments
that Erlang has been deployed in that shaped the VM and libraries in this
way. The tooling and libraries have at least a decade head start for this
kind of industrial usage over just about any other functional language.