[erlang-questions] Gun process gone

Roberto Ostinelli roberto@REDACTED
Wed Jan 14 18:05:32 CET 2015

Dear list,
I'm using gun as a HTTP client. I've chosen gun because I want a HTTP
library that does not retry to reconnect or to issue a call on error. I was
previously using hackney, but I couldn't set it to not retry automatically.

Si, in gun I set {retry, 0} in the Options of the gun:open/3 call.

I'm issuing consecutive calls, but after 3 or 4 calls (randomly) the gun
process exits, and all I get is:

crashed with reason: gone in gun:retry_loop/2 line 449

I don't have any problems with the same server and another library. Has
anyone seen this behavior with gun?

Thanks,
r.