[erlang-questions] Erlang package manager

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Sun Jan 4 11:54:05 CET 2015

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Tuncer Ayaz <tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 6:58 PM, Mark Nijhof wrote:
> > Actually how would you manage packages for older apps running on
> > anything then latest?
>
> I don't understand the problem you're describing, and what it has to
> do with how the PM is distributed.

I'm not sure if this is what Mark means, but if the PM is not a separate
executable/script/escript from erl, then if I use Erlang 17 or earlier, it
won't be easily available. A separate script can be made available
independently of the OTP releases, for the benefit of legacy applications.

best regards,
Vlad