[erlang-questions] Didn't get it to work. The erlcount app from <Learn you some erlang for great good> chapter 20 the count of application

Kenneth Lakin kennethlakin@REDACTED
Sat Dec 19 07:41:41 CET 2015

On 12/18/2015 08:27 PM, Hao wrote:
> Hi
>
> I tried the erlcount example. when I downloaded the source code from
> website http://learnyousomeerlang.com/
> Then when I run, I had a bad_return, any idea why?
>
> -----------
> [jusfeel@REDACTED learn-you-some-erlang]$ erl -env ERL_LIBS "."

It looks like erlang doesn't know where to find the .beam files for the
ppool application. You can tell Erlang to search additional directories
for .beam files with the -pa command line option.

Try this:

$ cd learn-you-some-erlang/ppool-1.0
$ erlang -pa ebin/

Then do

application:start(ppool).

in the Erlang shell.

If that gives the same error, do

make:all().

then try application:start(ppool). again.