[erlang-questions] Silent installation on windows

Konstantin Klisurski kosio1986@REDACTED
Fri Dec 11 09:14:33 CET 2015

Hi all,

I am writing a puppet module for downloading and installing erlang on
Windows. I am using otp_win64_R15B01.exe, which uses the Nullsoft
installer, so I am passing /S for silent and this indeed works for the
Nullsoft installer, but it  starts installing Erlang, then pauses, triggers
an Visual C++ Redistributable installation prompt, which is included in the
erlang .exe and waits for input. So, I am stuck with the unattended
installation, because I cannot find a way to bypass the VC++R GUI prompt...
I tried to install VC++R before installing the Erland package, but it AGAIN
triggers the VC++R exe and asks me if I want to Repair or Uninstall or
Cancel. I wasn't able to find a way to pass a parameter from the Nullsoft
installer to the child one (InstallShield for instance can do that). So is
there anyone that managed to deal with that, or found another way to
install erlang on Windows unattended (I need the R15B01 version and preffer
downloading it directly from the site, but if there is another package that
is capable of doing that I might re-assess the version I am using).

Best regards,
Konstantin