[erlang-questions] BSON parsing?

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Thu May 22 08:28:01 CEST 2014

Hi Carsten,

Alas, I'm really thinking of just IEEE 754 standard fp. My point about dragging up these usually somewhat obscure issues in IEEE 754 is that managing all of this introduces some complexity by itself. But I think Erlang ought to have support for doing it (as well as sensible defaults). You should be able to (1) compliantly detect and work with all the various special IEEE fp values and classes in Erlang, and you should be able to (2) manage the various flags that control IEEE fp behaviour, again in Erlang and probably also on the command line.

Here's what CMU Common Lisp does about floats: http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~resnik/ling645_sp2002/cmu_manual/node15.html
Common Lisp is usually conscientious about these things, so that might be another good, more high-level, starting point for what features are needed (but possibly needs updating due to subsequent fp standards evolution).

Best,
Thomas