[erlang-questions] Crash with +debug_info flag

Jérôme Renard jeromer@REDACTED
Fri May 9 19:37:30 CEST 2014

Hello,

I have a weird problem when using the +debug_info flag + common tests.
I use erlang.mk with the following flags:

ERLC_OPTS ?= -Werror +debug_info +warn_export_all +warn_export_vars
+warn_shadow_vars +warn_obsolete_guard +'{parse_transform,
lager_transform}'

If  I run make test_xxxxx, common test crashes with the following error:

19:29:47.073 [error] CRASH REPORT Process <0.425.0> with 0 neighbours
exited with reason: no match of right hand value nomatch in
csv_reader:init/2 line 103 in gen_server:init_it/6 line 328

If I remove the +debug_info flag, all the tests passes but obsviously
nothing is cover compiled.

It seems to only happen with the following app:
- https://github.com/maxlapshin/csv_reader

According to the crash message, there is something wrong with
csv_reader:init which breaks gen_server:init_it. But csv_reader is not a
gen_server so why is gen_server:init_it called ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

--
Jérôme