[erlang-questions] Mnesia error when switching fro clustered to un-clustered mode

Kristoffer Brown erlangerintraining@REDACTED
Fri Jul 18 22:35:07 CEST 2014

I have deployed my application to three nodes with mnesia in standalone
mode. I have three tables, one of which recently changed. I have all three
upgraded with the correct table schema and running fine in standalone mode.
When I switch them to clustered I receive the following error

{merge_schema_failed,

                           "Bad cookie in table definition <the recently
changed table?:

I cannot determine what is causing this. I can delete the mnesia directory
and re-start and it works fine. However, this is obviously not an
acceptable solution for a production deployment.

What could cause this error? All three nodes have the exact same schema and
my understanding was that this was the cause of this issue. I think this
just is the result of a newbie not understanding the purpose of the table
cookie.

Thanks.

Kris