[erlang-questions] What is best way to maintain state in a web-based multiplayer game?

Lloyd R. Prentice lloyd@REDACTED
Tue Jul 15 19:03:44 CEST 2014

I'm thinking through the design of a web-based multiple-player game. Each player maintains a private database--- most likely dets. Each player moves through nested finite state machines. Each player may be logging in or out at any state of play.

At this point my grasp of Erlang architecture breaks down. I don't understand how best to:

- parse game structure across players, processes, and directories
- maintain player state between sessions

At this point in my Erlang education I feel like I know the words but can't play the music.

I'd much grateful for any and all ideas and suggestions.

Many thanks,

LRP

Sent from my iPad