[erlang-questions] A question about erlang shell in Emacs (at startup)

Sina Samavati sina.samv@REDACTED
Sat Jul 5 13:46:48 CEST 2014

Perhaps this is what you want:
(add-hook 'emacs-startup-hook 'erlang-shell)

It will start erlang shell and switch to erlang shell buffer after startup
even if you are about to open a file when running emacs.

On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 7:08 PM, ami <m3oucat@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi Vlad,
>
> I’m trying to run erlang shell at Emacs startup.
> Just to get a some kind of IDE, when I have an erlang shell, an editor
> window, etc
> right after startup.
>
> And I faced with the same problem, you’d faced before.
> (see your question @
> http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2004-January/011042.html )
>
> So, I start erlang shell by
>
> (erlang-shell)
> in .emacs
>
> but it’s not in active buffer. I, of course, can switch to *erlang* buffer
> afterwards.
> But I don’t want to switch to *erlang* buffer manually always :(
>
> I tried (sit-for 20) right after (erlang-shell), like
>
> (erlang-shell)
> (sit-for 20)
>
> And I do have an erlang shell displayed in emacs right after startup.
> But when I press any key/mouse button, it disappears :(
> But I can switch to *erlang* buffer manually (it’s not the case).
>
> (switch-to-buffer "*erlang*”)
>
> doesn’t work as well.(if I place it in .emacs right after (erlang-shell) )
>
> Has anybody got erlang shell displayed & working & active right after
> emacs startup?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Alex

Sina Samavati