[erlang-questions] modular otp concerns

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED
Wed Feb 19 13:59:02 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Max Bourinov wrote:

[snip]

> 3. Proposals to split?! Erlang and OTP...
>
> Could it be that I missed something very important in Erlang life
> while me and my team where coding in "old good" Erlang/OTP?
> Why don't I feel "the need" to change something in Erlang?

I can relate to that, but the OTP team is facing issues with patch
management, as explained by Bjoern-Egil, where extracting lib/* into
sub repos seems like one solution. To be clear, it's not a proposal by
the community but a solution to a problem planned to be investigated
by the OTP team after 17.0 is released. It's a non-trivial change, and
has the potential to reduce the out of the box functionality, so that's
why I opened the thread.