[erlang-questions] modular otp concerns

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED
Wed Feb 19 13:37:13 CET 2014

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 11:49 PM, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

[snip]

> Considering what Erlang's used for, it doesn't matter
> very much if chunks of OTP are split off and pulled
> over the net when you need them (during initial testing).

What counts is what we get in the default Erlang "platform" for use
out of the box. This is especially important for escripts. Right now
we can write escripts relying on many useful libs in the base install.
Once you remove inets from the base install, you lose the ability to
bootstrap your project with an escript.

[snip]