[erlang-questions] modular otp concerns

Max Bourinov bourinov@REDACTED
Wed Feb 19 11:20:58 CET 2014

Hello Dear Erlangers!

I (as Erlang programmer and architect) do not see a single reason to do
something dramatic with BEAUTIFUL OTP. It is great as it is.
Any extra stuff that might be needed for me is coming via rebar - another
brilliant tool.

So, everything about Erlang is just f****g amazing for me and my team!

Last few days I saw proposals to:

1. Rename OTP - that is just makes no sense at all...
2. Question where there is a need in Erlang - .....
3. Proposals to split?! Erlang and OTP...

Could it be that I missed something very important in Erlang life while me
and my team where coding in "old good" Erlang/OTP?
Why don't I feel "the need" to change something in Erlang?

OR

Because of growing Erlang popularity new stream of devs bring
"*great"*ideas out of php/java/rubby word to us?

Best regards,
Max

skype: max.bourinov