[erlang-questions] getting "Can not link the wx driver, wx will NOT be useable" making 17.0-rc1

Charles Irvine chuck.irvine@REDACTED
Mon Feb 3 01:17:58 CET 2014

On os-x 10.9.1 I’m getting "Can not link the wx driver, wx will NOT be useable” when making Erlang 17.0-rc1.

I downloaded the latest version of wxWidgets from github and built it with:

    $ ./configure --with-cocoa --prefix=/usr/local --with-macosx-version-min=10.9 --disable-shared
    $ make
    $ sudo make install

I downloaded the R17 of Erlang from Github and built it with:

    $ ./configure --enable-shared-zlib
    $ make
    $ sudo make install

Upon invocation of “configure”: I got:

checking if we can link wxwidgets programs... no
configure: WARNING: Can not link wx program are all developer packages installed?

Upon make invocation, I got:

	Can not link the wx driver, wx will NOT be useable

So now my GUI components won’t be working. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Chuck