[erlang-questions] Erlang package manager

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED
Sun Dec 28 18:29:09 CET 2014

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Tristan Sloughter wrote:
> My point about Nix wasn't about Windows support or only the fact
> that I don't consider it a fit, but was my understanding from the
> design doc and proposals that Nix certainly wasn't a fit. For
> instance, including Nix in Erlang/OTP sounds to me like something
> much less likely to be included than Elixir...

My support for Nix is based on that it solves issues other pkg mgrs
seem to ignore for the most part. That said, as I wrote earlier, if
and how Nix _or_ its design can be used is a whole other story.

> There is much work already into a foundation to base an Erlang PM to
> be included in OTP on, hex.pm, which rebar3 will be moving to as
> well, meaning 2 implementations of the API will already be worked
> on.

Again, the first step as I see it is figuring out the required changes in
the .app and .ez infrastructure wrt missing features. See "extra notes"
at the end of
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2014-December/082132.html