[erlang-questions] Creating an application that is portable across versions of CentOS

John Doe donpedrothird@REDACTED
Sat Dec 20 19:37:25 CET 2014

I don't confirm this.
Erlang R16B03-1 binaries built on Centos 5.10 with static openssl and
disabled ncurses are portable between Centos 5.10. 6.5 and 7.0, Fedora 19
and 20, tested this myself on digitalocean droplets and by some of my
clients who run the software with bundled in Erlang on their own servers.

The same is true with Ubuntu 10.04, 12.04, 14.04, 14.10, Debian 6.0 and 7.0
with binaries built on Debian 6.0.

It might depend on libc or something other, but in general they are
portable or at least sometimes are portable.