[erlang-questions] Creating an application that is portable across versions of CentOS

Florian Waas flw@REDACTED
Sat Dec 20 17:23:08 CET 2014

Just confirming what others already mentioned: in fact, natively built
binaries (including the Erlang VM) aren't portable between CentOS 5.x and
6.x. Within each generation things are usually portable though, e.g., from
5.8 to 5.10 etc.

We have a few customers who still run 5.x -- and, yes, we roll a separate
5.x release for them.

Regards,
-fl.