[erlang-questions] Why would dialyzer only be using one core

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Fri Dec 19 15:22:06 CET 2014

On 12/18/2014 07:58 AM, Zachary Kessin wrote:
> I have been using dialyzer on my code base, and one thing I have noticed
> is that recently it has gotten very slow. When I run top I see that it
> is only running on 1 CPU core (intel i7 With 8 threads) any idea why
> this would happen and how to fix it?

No idea about this one.  Moreover, I cannot reproduce this with 17.4
freshly built from sources.  I would suggest that you try to build a
"standard" PLT (e.g. dialyzer --build_plt --apps erts kernel stdlib) or
something of that sort, and watch what's happening using htop (or similar).

If that one does not show multicore activity, then something is wrong
with your installation.  Try to build and install an OTP from sources
then.  In any case, write a follow up mail here to see if that was a
false alarm or the problem persists.

Kostis