[erlang-questions] Why doesn't Erlang has return statement?

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Wed Dec 17 08:50:41 CET 2014

Note that once you're used to erlang or functional programming, there's usually little need for an explicit return statement.
However, if you do need it, you can emulate return a bit awkwardly with throw(X) and an appropriate enclosing try ... catch (or perhaps just catch) to capture the result.
Best,Thomas